LazioLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lazio - Roma

Go down

Lazio - Roma Empty Lazio - Roma

Post by FX Laz Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:27 pm

Highlight of the season? It used to be at least. I feel badly prepared for this one. No feeling at all. I am a statistics man as I look into probabilities in what I do. We got six points against Roma last season, and I feel we have had the upper hand the last 2-3 years. So in other words... I guess you get the feeling how I think this will end. No matter what though. I always hope for victory.

I haven't heard much except the dispute between Sarri and Mourinho. Whatever. It does not matter at all probably. Otherwise Zaccagni will not play. Does not make me sad at all. I guess that means Pedro to start. If ge goes out, which he normally does, then who will play at the left? The rest of the team is not exactly easy either. My guess is that Immobile starts as striker and there will be Anderson to the right. Although I can't see that Ciro has been any better than Taty.

Midfield for this match seems to have more options than ever before. On defensive midfield. All of Cataldi, Rovella and Vecino has a good chance to start. In front of them I am quite sure Guendouzi will start. We don't know if Alberto is ready to play, but if he feels fine for sure he will play. The defence I don't know about. Unsure whether Casale can play. Patric has played well recently and I hope for more of the same.

As for Roma I read 3 players will be back. They are Cristante, Dybala and Zalewski. That can only be positive for them I guess. On paper having Lukaku, Abraham and Belotti I'm the squad should mean you have good quality. Lately though their results have been unimpressive. I have noticed they have stopped scoring so mamy goals too. Obviously the loss against Slavia Prague indicates that the team is out of form or really is not that great. However. In a derby no matter how bad form you always have a chance.

FX Laz

Back to top Go down

Lazio - Roma Empty Re: Lazio - Roma

Post by FX Laz Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:11 am

The match 2 days ago should have been special. Always someone to dislike, always something that makes your blood boil. Not this time. No tytty taking the camera or weird show from Cassano. This time it felt like an ordinary match where you could either get 3, 1 or 0 points. As a derby it was not great. Not good enough quality. Not quite that intense nerve. But on the other hand. Even if we only got one point there was progress. In defence and attack. I liked our offensive style better. More passes, and a bit of one touch passes. Still too many long balls which surprisingly often hit the player. Down to luck I wonder.

I wonder if it is enough to build for the future. My guess is that it is. There will be an international break coming up now. What we saw from Guendouzi and Isaksen was very encouraging. I don't think they will lose that in next match. Cataldi made an average match, but I did notice a bit of that derby motivation he was going to give us. Immobile continues quite much in the same style. Maybe a little bit better on Sunday than earlier. Anderson weak, but again I hear he is great defensively. Marusic kind of irritated me a bit. I heard some say he was good, but to me he did not seem quite convincing defensively. Offensively there is just not a lot. He is there, but the contributions lead to nothing. Hysaj in next match. Patric was fine, but I think he has played his part for a while now. Casale in next match. Lazzari had a good match. I hear he was called to Italy NT too. Well done.

As I said. Not a good derby. That can only change I guess for the next derby. Then again. We are the away team then. Which strangely has a lot to say in these matches. Onwards and upwards.

FX Laz

Back to top Go down