LazioLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lazio -Torino

2 posters

Go down

Lazio -Torino Empty Lazio -Torino

Post by FX Laz Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:07 am

Then we go again. It is number 15 versus number 9. I don't know who is thrilled and who is not. Right now though, I believe in victory. The odds to win is quite close to 2.00. That said. It is still quite high. You could say a lot of things about the team and top teams in Serie A in general. What strikes me though is that we need to fire more shots and score more goals. Both teams are stuck around 5 points, but I still feel Torino are better than us and have better form.

Onwards to the team. I have heard Romagnoli, Patric and Zaccagni have problems. Patric absolutely strikes me as someone who would recover faster than Romagnoli. However. Is Gila that useless? He can never be used? Probably it would have been easier to use Romagnoli and Gila together. As the older teaching the younger. That will not happen though. Whether we start with Zaccagni or Pedro (yes I know he does not look very ready for a full game), I want us to just go out there and dominate. Just pile on pressure. Let us have the ball more than the opposition. Usually that is an indicator that we are the best team.

Just one more thing before I end. Last season. I think 15 out of 20 teams met us with high pressure. Like they thought that our team had no idea about playing the ball under pressure in the defence. Sure, we might have conceded 3-4 goals that way. What I remember better is that we played around their pressure and exposed them mercilessly from time to time. This does not happen so often anymore. The high pressure from the opposition disappearing is a negative for us?

Michele Fabbri will be the referee I have no idea who he is or what he stands for. I miss significant referees like Rosetti, Paparesta and Trefoloni.

FX Laz

Back to top Go down

Lazio -Torino Empty Re: Lazio -Torino

Post by FX Laz Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:00 pm

Good to get the win and a clean sheet. Still a little sceptical. Maybe they started the match in order to not concede a goal. When we then got what looked like a lucky goal then things became a bit easier for us. Nothing that will scare future opponents though. 2-0 I liked, but at the same time as both wingers were on the left who covered the right wing? Good finish from Zaccagni. Taty and Isaksen made quite good contributions. That said. Too little and not telling enough for the future. People say Rovella was fantastic and clearly our best player. I don't know. I noticed him better against Juventus. He worked hard though. No doubt about that.

Then there were a red card situation and a penalty for Torino. I think it is okay to not give red card for the tackle. The Torino player tried to avoid stepping too hard on our player's leg. The penalty I think we are just lucky. If it had been us eho had a ball stopped with the opposition's hands we would have been angry. The shot comes very close and it is hard for Hysaj to remove his arm. Difficult decision and reading the rules will probably not make it crystal clear either. My opinion is that stopping the ball with an arm in the box should lead to penalty 90 % of the time. Unless someone just aims at the arm from a short distance.

Next now is Milan. Usually one has a bad feeling as we just never win there. Now I have a more neutral feeling. This Milan team is a strange build. What are they really good at? Feeding the ball to Leao and hoping he will do something spectacular?

FX Laz

Back to top Go down

Post by Misbah Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:52 pm

Very good tactically match. We played like a team. Players cover each others. Torino is team that not allow you to many chances. We wait our chance and score from first one.
Defense was our weak point during the season so far. We concede goals easily- simply: put the ball inside the area .....
First half team helped the defense a lot. Second half we start to attack more....second goal was magic asist and great move from Zacagni.
From this match we learned:
1. Provedel plays better with ball than our defense
2. Provedel have better pases than our midfielders
3. Pravedel play safety better than complete team.
4. 50% from FA is better than 100% of other wingers
5. Ciro need rest( bench)
6. Romagnoli ( motm) knows ( learn) how ro play one on one, he are not afraid from duels like until this year( credit to Sarri). Keeping Duvan isnt easy duty.
7. LA can finish game in his way
8. Vecino is our true joker
9. Sarri use rotation,perfectly
10. Taty and Isaksen show us their quality.

Misbah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down