LazioLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New members! (and old) who are you?

+8
seblak.bdg
Rizmo
blue-white
doc
Javier Erfi Lopez
stevie_bk_ny
Misbah
Ayoub18
12 posters

Go down

New members! (and old) who are you?  Empty New members! (and old) who are you?

Post by Agent Orange Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:26 pm

I got the idea from Nigel Gan and i believe we had something similar on the old pages/forums.

The idea is simple but brilliant. So new members and old if you want to write an small or large presentation on who you are and your story this is the topic where you can do that and learn to know new people and find old friends.

Ofcourse it is up to you if you want to write anything.

I should really ”lead by example” since i started the topic and write down abit about me and my own story but i will do that later.

*Update 12/7
Oki here we go, my name is Johan and i come from Sweden, i started to support Lazio when they visited my hometown Varberg 1999 and had a precamp here before the epic season noone forgets.
Since then i have learn to know several people from all around the world, because of the old Laziofans homepages and forums. As we all know supporting Lazio is a rollercoaster, but the funniest and best rollercoaster i've ever been on.

So i am always grateful for that and that Lazio survived as a societa and team. I hope this "new start" of Lazioland forum can be of use to help eachother out with questions regarding Lazio in general, get to know new people and meet some old.
And discussing Lazio is something we all love, so lets hope this new start works out good!

My first visit to Rome was feb 1 2004 when me and my friend went to see Lazio - Sampdoria (1-1, Fiore scored for us, around 45k fans & spectators on the arena) since then i have visited Rome several times, but "only" derbys!
My first derby was "Il Ritorno" 6 januari 2005 and what a game that was... Di Canio scored the opener, fantastic pass from Liverani and fantastic finish from Di Canio, me and my friend was this time sitting on the tribuna tevere (long side) so we
really had the best possible view. And the arena went totally nuts!

Last edited by Agent Orange on Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Agent Orange
Agent Orange
Admin

SPYTHEMAN11 likes this post

Back to top Go down

New members! (and old) who are you?  Empty Re: New members! (and old) who are you?

Post by Ayoub18 Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:55 pm

Ciao a tutti Laziali! My name is is Ayoub from Tunis, I'm glad to meet you all.. Lazio Per Sempre New members! (and old) who are you?  1f499
Ayoub18
Ayoub18

Agent Orange, doc and Carlo Boniolo like this post

Back to top Go down

New members! (and old) who are you?  Empty Re: New members! (and old) who are you?

Post by Misbah Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:15 pm

Hello, my name is Misbah, I'm from Kosovo.
Nick from the past in old Laziofever : phantomm1976.
Glad that we are back

Misbah

Agent Orange, doc and Javier Erfi Lopez like this post

Back to top Go down

New members! (and old) who are you?  Empty NYC Laziali

Post by stevie_bk_ny Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:47 pm

Cheers gents - NYC born fan who was able to live in Rome 20+ years ago. 1st match was Nesta’s return with Milan. Took my 9 yo to Fiorentina away in October (0-4🎉). Now live in a uni town in Deep South. Ciao a tutti!

stevie_bk_ny

Agent Orange, doc and Javier Erfi Lopez like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Javier Erfi Lopez Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:55 pm

Cheers all Laziale here, good to see you all back here.

My name is Erfan, an Iranian-American living between San Diego and Charlotte. I kept my username the same as before in memory of Claudio Lopez.
Best memory: Lazioland gathering in 2018, the night before 2nd round Derby where I met some of you and Pepe Signori, Pino Wilson (RIP), ....

Javier Erfi Lopez

Agent Orange and doc like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by doc Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:05 pm

Hey guys I was not very active in the last lazioland (I was a young teenager) but I will try to be more active here. My name is Jonathan and I was raised as a Laziale by my dad, whose first job was in Rome where he fell in love with this beautiful club. I was raised in Italy but currently live in the Netherlands! Great to meet all you fellow Laziali New members! (and old) who are you?  1f49e
doc
doc

Agent Orange likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by blue-white Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:20 pm

Markus here, coming from Austria.
blue-white was already my nick in the old forum, where i was mod there.
Back in these days, we started facebook, twitter and we worked on the radio show where Paolo Peroso was the radio mod.
Great days, much work for Lazioland.

Now i'm a bit more quiet, Laziale since the Gazza days Very Happy and try to be at least for 1 game per season in Rome - it's the home derby for most of the visits.
Except - coppa 2019 vs. Atalanta - huge game spending in Curva Nord - MASSIVE!!!
blue-white
blue-white

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizmo Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:35 pm

Hi I’m Rizmo from Sweden. Has been using same nick through many lazio forums during the years.
Best memories from the Olimpico was Coppa win against Sampdoria and 4-2 derby! My favorite Lazio players are Casiraghi, Marchegianni and ofcourse Nesta, together with the great Makinwa! Lazio fan since mid 90’s but got really hooked when Svennis joined!

Rizmo

Agent Orange and blue-white like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seblak.bdg Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:36 pm

hi all..
im basri from indonesia.
been active in the last forum. and is a follower in twitter.

nice to see that we have a forum again.

seblak.bdg

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Orange Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:43 pm

Rizmo wrote:Hi I’m Rizmo from Sweden. Has been using same nick through many lazio forums during the years.
Best memories from the Olimpico was Coppa win against Sampdoria and 4-2 derby! My favorite Lazio players are Casiraghi, Marchegianni and ofcourse Nesta, together with the great Makinwa! Lazio fan since mid 90’s but got really hooked when Svennis joined!

I was at the 4-2 derby! Standing on distin Nord, with my Swedish flag 🇸🇪 waving! What a match!

And it was my first afternoon 15:00 derby aswell, it was absolutely fantastic. At first i was abit sceptic because i never thought a derby in daylight would be this amazing but it truly was.

Standing there with so many friends from all over the world, and a derby meeting dinner + drinking beer.. oh my this is memories i always Carry with me.
Agent Orange
Agent Orange
Admin

Misbah and Javier Erfi Lopez like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret_Samadhi Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:58 pm

Ciao fellow laziali. Secret Samadhi here, been active member since Laziomania back in the early 2000, born in Bosnia, raised in both Bosnia and Sweden where I live since 30 years. Fell in love for Lazio around 1993/94 when Alen Bokšić moved to the Eternal City. Really nice to see old faces/nicknames from back in the day and even new one. Was sad when the old Forum crashed, tries to follow on twitter but it is not the same thing. I prefer the good old forum format and I really hope we can bring it back one way or another.
Secret_Samadhi
Secret_Samadhi

Agent Orange and Javier Erfi Lopez like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Orange Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:26 am

Secret_Samadhi wrote:Ciao fellow laziali. Secret Samadhi here, been active member since Laziomania back in the early 2000, born in Bosnia, raised in both Bosnia and Sweden where I live since 30 years. Fell in love for Lazio around 1993/94 when Alen Bokšić moved to the Eternal City. Really nice to see old faces/nicknames from back in the day and even new one. Was sad when the old Forum crashed, tries to follow on twitter but it is not the same thing. I prefer the good old forum format and I really hope we can bring it back one way or another.

Välkommen tillbaka, låt oss hoppas att detta fungerar bra, tyvärr så tenderar snabbhet och sociala medieplattformar att härska över de ”gamla” sätten, jag föredrar forum där man kan skriva längre och med mer eftertanke än twitter där man i princip bara kan droppa one-liners och halvfärdiga meddelanden.

Forza Lazio!
Agent Orange
Agent Orange
Admin

Secret_Samadhi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret_Samadhi Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:24 am

Agent Orange wrote:
Secret_Samadhi wrote:Ciao fellow laziali. Secret Samadhi here, been active member since Laziomania back in the early 2000, born in Bosnia, raised in both Bosnia and Sweden where I live since 30 years. Fell in love for Lazio around 1993/94 when Alen Bokšić moved to the Eternal City. Really nice to see old faces/nicknames from back in the day and even new one. Was sad when the old Forum crashed, tries to follow on twitter but it is not the same thing. I prefer the good old forum format and I really hope we can bring it back one way or another.

Välkommen tillbaka, låt oss hoppas att detta fungerar bra, tyvärr så tenderar snabbhet och sociala medieplattformar att härska över de ”gamla” sätten, jag föredrar forum där man kan skriva längre och med mer eftertanke än twitter där man i princip bara kan droppa one-liners och halvfärdiga meddelanden.

Forza Lazio!
Håller med, att ha en diskussion on Twitter är för mig omöjligt, forum format är mycket mer användarvänligt om man vill hoppa mellan olika ämnen.
Secret_Samadhi
Secret_Samadhi

Back to top Go down

Post by FX Laz Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:45 pm

I have followed Lazio since around 1999. There was a time before that too. In 1993 my parents went to Rome. They said they had been to a football match there at Olimpico. The intuition in me asked if it was Lazio they watched (not Roma). It was, and that answer made me satisfied. Without being a proper fan of Lazio back then I knew Roma was just a waste of time. This was also the time when Gazza came to Lazio. That got some attention here in Scandinavia. I remember watching a documentary about him and his early time in Lazio, but it was mostly focused on his knee injury. Not so much about Lazio  At that time it was almost impossible to watch a match and there was no internet. I only knew about Signori, Casiraghi, Fuser, Winter and Boksic from that time. Which was players I only could watch in national team matches.

The time I officially became a fan was in 1999. I told this story on the old Lazioland forum so maybe someone remember it. I had joined others in my native Norway to watch the not so interesting team, Rosenborg at a  pub. I think they played Dortmund. They could not send several matches at the same time back then. However. After that match I got an hour watching Lazio - Chelsea. I am not sure how the match went. I remember one thing though. There was this excellent and energetic striker called Filippo Inzaghi, I thought. Of course I found out relatively fast it was his brother Simone. He became my first favorite player. The kits we had back then were beatiful too.

Also. Other things that made me a Lazio fan. In 2000 Norway met Serbia/Yugoslavia in EURO 2000.  A Serbian fan said on TV before the match that her favorite was the world best player, Dejan Stankovic playing for Lazio. Interesting, he chose the right club I thought. When on interrail travelling across Europe in 2000 I saw a lot of Cirio kits. At first I did not know which club they represented. Later I found out it was us. Or my new favorite team. Lastly. Lazio surprisingly appeared with a club flag/pennant in a series called "playing the field".

So it took tears before I watched my first match live. And since 2002 I have more or less watched every game on TV, every weekend. Some years though interest has not been on top and I have saved my money not paying to watch the Italian league. When Sarri arrived my interest was lit again, and I have watched almost every game since then.

Nowadays I have become a lot older. It seems to me Lazio got a lot of international fans from around the Sven Göran Eriksson days. Now. Not so much. So I guess most of us are older than 30. I have become a bit disillusioned with modern football. Just too much money. Too much coverage. Too bleak stars. Too much Saudi Arabia. Too much VAR. As for the Italian league I have some hope. It seems to me it is the league most willing to keep old traditions alive. In 2 days it is our first match of the season against Lecce. Looking forward to it. Forza Lazio.

By the way. Apart from football I spend a lot of time trading. Hoping to live of it one day.

Best Lazio memory : Rome derby, January 2005. With Di Canio.

FX Laz

Back to top Go down

Post by Seasider Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:02 pm

I am based in  Bridlington in the UK (though originally from Nottingham) and have been following Serie A and the fortunes of the Biancocelesti since the early Channel 4 days in the 90's. Yet to make it to the Stadio Olimpico sadly. Hope to see the Champions League form transfer to the Serie A games as the season progresses. Still think the Eagles can close the gap on the top 5 teams. Forza Lazio!!!

Seasider

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Orange Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:41 pm

I hope some day everyone comes back here!

Forza Lazio! 🦅💙
Agent Orange
Agent Orange
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum